Thursday, October 9, 2008

Our neighbours

We have a possum who lives in our neighbourhood. Over the last few months, mum and dad have watched her on her own, and then with her little baby. We stay away from them, and they stay away from us.


The baby is starting to get big. Isn't it a little cutie! Because possums are marsupials, the mummy will have carried the baby in her pouch when it was tiny. Mum and dad wouldn't have even known there was a baby there!

This is one of our cubby holes. It is the bottom of the dvd/book shelf. We also have another cubby right next door to this one, where Shrek's head is! It is a nice warm spot, and feels good and protective.

P.S. Can you see how massive my fat brother is compared to me?

6 comments:

Loki said...

Possums in the southern hemisphere are cuter than our (o)possums. Ours look like 40 pound rats and they tend to lose their hair in patches.

Anonymous said...

We have never seen a real live possum! We have lots of raccoons at the swamp that are kind of funny though.

Mr. Hendrix said...

very cute! we have one that lives by our house but we think it is a boy cause we've not seen babies.

we have lotsa raccoons and they drive mommy nuts. stay away from them cause even if they are cute, they are mean

The Crew said...

Both my brothers are twice my size. I'm kind of small, even though I'm 2.

Your friend
Misty

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

We have the 40 pound rat kind of possum that lives by our house. They're not very cute, but they set off our security lights at night so we can watch them from our window, and they're fun to watch.

Anonymous said...

The little possum is so cute!!
You are good to leave him alone :)
Your brother is very big but very handsome!!!
My sister is bigger than me but I makes up for it... trust me :P

V-V