Sunday, September 21, 2008

Thankyou

We have read so much over the last few days, about the people who are able to show such indifference to the plight of the animals they are supposed to have in their care. We saw a poem that we liked right away, and wanted to share it.

I am the voice of the voiceless;
Through me the dumb shall speak
Till the deaf world's ears be made to hear
The wrongs of the worldless weak.
And I am my brother's keeper,
And I will fight his fights;
And speak the words for beast and bird
Till the world shall set things right
- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

To the many people around the world who do what they can to make this world a more positive place for the animals who inhabit it, thankyou. You make the stars shine a little brighter. If we can all hold an animal close and let them know that they are safe and loved, that is a pretty good start.

You cannot do a kindness to soon because you never know how soon it will be too late.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.

5 comments:

Daisy said...

My Mommie volunteers at a no-kill cat shelter, and she says the cats are so grateful for even the smallest kindness.

Anonymous said...

Our Mom is a fur magnet and loves all animals. She could never see any animal go hungry or mistreated. It breaks her heart.

Sarah Coggins said...

What a wonderful post! So true. Both of my cats were rescues. I would love to have more, but accept that I can only best provide a wonderful home for 2. However, I do my best to drop off supplies with one of our shelters when I can to assist in the care of others. We are all God's creatures and all deserve love & care. Thanks for all you do for animals! :)

Moki The Wobbly Cat said...

That is a great poem! I forget who said it, but I think this applies perfectly, "You can judge the chracter of a man, by his dealings with animals."

Loki said...

Someone in my family once said to me when I was very young that you can't trust a person who doesn't converse with their pets. That rule has never failed me.